Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vacations Must End Sometime or Else it Wouldn't be a Vacation

My vacation has come to an end, and Kaeli and I go back to school and work bright and early Tuesday morning. I have no idea why her school decided to bring them back Tuesday instead of Monday, but I embraced it and took an extra day of vacation when the majority of people went back to the real world Monday. Of course, my body is still on vacay time, so I am awake at 12:27am when I have to be at work in the morning. Not awesome.

As I tossed and turned in bed, I realized I have seriously neglected the blogosphere. I never even gave y'all a year wrap up or anything. I'm a sucky blogger.

So here is a little New Year blog!!

2007 was a crazy year. There were lots of highs and lows and ups and downs. It was full of death and moving and a new city and a new job and Kaeli turned 5 and started Kindergarten. Somewhere in there, my beer drinking buddy, Rob, became way more than a beer drinking buddy. By the end of the year, I was praying that 2008 would be calm and uneventful.

2008 delivered. There were no huge shake ups. It was calm and peaceful. Edward Cullen and the iPhone came into my into my life, making things brighter. Kaeli has just gotten more fabulous. Rob turned out to be the greatest thing to ever happen to me since Kaeli's birth. All in all, a very fantastic year.

I have a feeling 2009 is going to be another great one. Some big things are going to happen in the Material Girl world. I also have a few goals. One of which is the obligatory "get in shape" resolution. This time, though, I have an actual reason. While perusing Facebook I found a MyHighSchool Class of '99 Reunion Group. There are people planning my high school reunion as we speak. Gasp! I am not ready to face the fact that I finished high school 10 years ago. And I am seriously not ready to face that fact with these extra 10 15 pounds on my ass. I really planned on starting Monday, but since I still had vacation brain the plan turned into a big FAIL. Tuesday is another day!! There are other goals, but I'm all about baby steps. I'll kick the others into motion once I get a handle on this whole exercise and eat right thing. Any tips wise Internets?

I hope 2009 is agreeing with y'all!

3 comments:

Astarte said...

I'm glad that you're so happy!!!!

Also, don't worry about the reunion. Half of your class is probably totally fat now anyway, and you're so cute! That having been said, I, um, didn't go to mine. In my defense, I was pregnant, and they had it over Thanksgiving weekend, when I refuse to travel anywhere. But, really, I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it.

Chantal said...

my high school friends had an informal reunion last year and it was great. Everyone looked amazing (extra pounds or not, and I had lots of extra). We were 15 years out from our grad. It is amazing how much we all stay the same, yet change, you know. I really enjoyed it. I hope 2009 is all you dream it will be!

Sara said...

I was debating on whether or not to go to my 10 year a couple of years ago...and then it got CANCELLED. Oh well, I don't think I would have went anyways :)

2009 has been crazy busy at work so far, but hey, in this economy, how can I complain?

Happy New Year to you!