Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

I don't really have an eloquent and poignant post planned.

I'm sure y'all weren't expecting that from me, anyway.

Barack Obama becomes our new president in just a few hours!

I'm really excited about today. I hope my boss isn't expecting much productivity from me because I am glued to the inauguration coverage.

(Did y'all see Michelle Obama give Laura Bush a present when they greeted each other at the White House? She's just so classy. I think I'm going to live my life asking What Would Michelle Obama Do from now on!)

I'm actually green with envy because Kaeli's grandmother is currently standing on the Washington Mall. She's a high school history teacher, and she goes to DC every year with some of her students. She was at the big concert on Sunday. She's also going to one of the balls. I AM SO JEALOUS. I would trade places with her in a heartbeat!

Fortunately for me, Rob travels to DC a lot for work, and, since he' s smart, he always brings me a new Obama present. I contemplated wearing my Inauguration 2009 t-shirt under my clothes today, but then I realized that I have to draw a line between crazy and not crazy.


So instead, I took pictures of my Barack Obama bobblehead to share with y'all. This is probably my favorite thing Rob has ever brought back from DC.

Not only is today historic, but I truly believe we picked the best person to be our president. I am so excited about the future of our country, and where we are headed.

The excitement is just too much for me. I'm practically bouncing in my cube!!!


Happy Inauguration Day, everyone!!!

11 comments:

Chantal said...

I am excited for you guys too. And i am not even American! WOO HOO!

Sara said...

It's pretty crazy to see all those people there. Obama stopped by Baltimore on his way to DC so traffic was pretty crazy over the weekend. Surprisingly, my commute was quick this AM because they aren't allowing people to drive into DC. My brother in law is on the steps somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I have had goosebumps all day long! I haven't got much done at work today! What a wonderful day :)

TUWABVB said...

I love your Bobblehead and I want one! Even if you are a "bow lover." :)

-R- said...

I love the bobblehead!

Deleted said...

Ross and I have been watching it on and off all day. It is still exciting!!! For even a Canadian like me :D

I can only imagine how happy you are, Congrats guys!!!

Astarte said...

President Obama!!!! It feels so wonderful to say!!! Also, it feels wonderful to actually be *proud* to show off our leader to the world. What a great day!

Grace said...

woooo hooo!

The IT department at work sent a mass email NO STREAMING VIDEOS AT WORK

it slowed down the servers BIG TIEM cause everyone was watching from their desks =) love it!

Anonymous said...

Have you considered getting yourself a Chia Obama? Google it, and you won't be disappointed.

Katrina said...

Love the bobblehead!

Everything about the inauguration day was beautiful!

Chantal said...

Don't feel like you fail. I have been avoiding this clutter for years. Trust me I am long overdue. One way to help is to take photos and post them on your blog... HAHA it works. it is like therapy. You just can't avoid it once it is out there. But I have to admit that I was too embarrassed to take a photo of my closet (and that will probably be true of most of my house) but I will do it once in a while to keep me honest.