Friday, August 15, 2008

Reality TV Recap Friday

I've made it through the first week without So You Think You Can Dance. Fortunately, I've had the Olympics to focus all of my attention on. Since I didn't talk about it last week, I really wish Twitch would have won. I tend to get way more emotionally involved in these shows than I should, and it's always bittersweet when my favorite doesn't win. On one hand, I'm happy for Joshua because he is great and seems like a fun guy, but on the other hand I'm so disappointed that America didn't agree with me that Twitch was better. Now I'm left waiting for next summer to meet a whole new cast to get attached to.

Project Runway - I've been reading this blog for the past couple of weeks, and I love it. He does a play by play of the episode, but he absolutely hates Project Runway. He's not super mean about hating it, and he is always super hilarious while making fun of the outrageousness of the contestants. Check it out if you want a good laugh. Overall, this episode was a little blah for me. Blayne only used -licious as a suffix once, so I didn't have to shove a sharp object in my eye. Suede still talked in the third person, though, and I'm just not sure if I can take it much longer. I generally hate when the contestants work in teams. This week was no exception. I'm surprised they sent Kelli home because I think Daniel has been pretty much useless. I almost died laughing when Kenley burst out laughing after Daniel said that he had impeccable taste. I think both Keith and Jerrell had great dresses. It was basically a toss up for the winner, but Keith is becoming one of my favorites so I was glad he won. I think I most excited about next week because Chris is coming back, and they're having a DRAG QUEEN COSTUME CONTEST. How great is that? This is going to be fun!

Big Brother 10 - OMG these people are making me crazy. Not really upset about Libra going home. She's one I could take or leave. I figured it would be better for the ones I like in the house if she is gone though.

Dan and Memphis: They are my 2 favorites, and I am so glad they finally realized they should be an alliance. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works out for them.

Keesha and Renny: They are my middle 2 house guests. I'm really glad Renny won HOH. Hopefully, the alliance Dan and Memphis talked about with the 2 girls came to fruition. If so this week should be fun. Is it just me or does Keesha look exactly like Danielle from season 8?

Ollie and April: I do not like them at all. April is so annoying. I can't believe she played the "Keesha doesn't like me because I'm prettier than her" card (not to be mean but I totally don't agree. Keesha is cuter). Ollie is such a pansy. He follows April around and has done absolutely nothing on his own. I want April out this week because then Ollie would be useless. I hate 'shomances'.

Michelle: Ick. Ever since she said that Libra should get her kids taken aways because Libra chose a Hawaiian vacation over a letter from home, I have hated her. It was just too low of a blow to ever come back from. Not to mention when she said that Dan would burn in hell for voting out Jessie. DO. NOT. LIKE. HER.

Jerry: Ugh. I used to kind of like Jerry, but I really can't wait for him to leave. He makes no sense. He is another one that just hits way below the belt. Too call Dan "Judas" and question his religion is despicable. Plus, why is no one mentioning that Jerry did the EXACT SAME THING week one. He gave Brian his word that they would be an alliance, then put him up for eviction when the other house guests asked him to. He even made a huge show of not wearing any Marine paraphernalia because he didn't want to disgrace the military. I just want to scream for someone to remember this. I can't be the only one. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I WANT HIM GONE TOO!

There you have it, Internets. My super important opinions about reality tv. What does everyone else think? Agree? Disagree?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So Ryan and I are not the only ones screaming at the TV that Jerry did the same damn thing!!! I, too am a fan of Memphis and Dan and would like to tell April that she is not prettier that Keesha and no one likes her.
Whenever I read your blog, I know why we are friends. We have the same ridiculous TV obsessions!!!
ps...FOOTBALL SEASON IS UPON US