Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dear Chad Johnson, I love you

For those of you not familiar with Chad Johnson, he is a wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals. He has a reputation for his celebrating hi-jinks. In football, most of his "celebrations" are deemed excessive and not allowed. He pays lots and lots of fines. I heard him in an interview once say that, during the off season, he saves money specifically to pay off the fines he knows he will incur during the season. Personally, I love the ridiculousness. My favorite was when he performed CPR on a football after a touchdown reception. Cracks me up every time. Now to my point, two years ago he took the name Johnson off his jersey and underneath were the words "OCHO CINCO". (his number is 85...isn't he clever) It had kind of become a nickname for him. The NFL did not like that, and he paid a $5000 fine. Anyway, today I read this article, and, please football gods, let this be true. Apparently, he is in the process of legally changing his name to Chad Ocho Cinco. This way the NFL has to let him wear it on his jersey. Don't ask me why, but I find this to be the most hilarious thing in football news since Brett Favre retired, came back, and became a Jet. I totally love the absolute arrogance he possesses. You just really have to love yourself a lot to pull off something like that. I can't stop laughing. I love love love love it.

No comments: