Monday, December 15, 2008

Blog Busy Work

I have been a negligent blogger. It's not for lack of trying, though. I have at least 3 unfinished posts that I just couldn't form into coherent thoughts. Now that they've been sitting there for two weeks, it just seems irrelevant and pointless to try and finish them.

In an effort to jump start the blog brain, I stole this questionnaire from my friend, Tabatha. If you check her #26, it says that she wants to read my answers the most. Therefore, I am satisfying a friend's wish.


So here it goes.

50 Things About Me…

2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? My deep dark secret is that I used to be a hardcore smoker. I loved cigarettes more than anything. There was nothing better after a long night at work than a cold beer and a nicotine fix. It was never my intention to smoke forever. I always used college and my job as a server as the reason, so when I graduated and stopped waiting tables I quit smoking. It was (and sometimes still is) SO HARD, but I'm really glad I quit.

3. Do you own a gun? No I do not, but Rob has two. I told him that I'll only own one if I can get it in pink with rhinestones.

4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I'm a Peach Tea kind of girl

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Depends on the appointment. I dread the yearly girl business appointment more than anything.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I don't generally think of hot dogs, but now I'm thinking a chili cheese dog sounds delish

7. Favorite Christmas Song? Frosty the Snowman I know, I'm a total dork for that.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? COFFEE! Lots and lots of coffee.

9. Can you do push ups? I do push up bras. Does that count?

10. What is your favorite movie? Such a hard question. I'm a movie junkie, so there are so many favorites. The Princess Bride is my favorite from when I was a kid. I love stupid comedies like Zoolander, Superbad, and Stepbrothers. A League of Their Own is very very high on the list.

11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I have a ring with Kaeli's birthstone that I got for Mother's Day one year that I love.

12. Favorite hobby? I don't think I'm a hobby type of girl. I like to do a lot of things, but I don't consider shopping and blog reading hobbies.

13. Do you work with people who idolize you? That's a big fat NO. I'm the youngest and least experienced in my group which leads to me feeling like a total idiot sometimes. I do think they are annoyed amazed at my pop culture knowledge.

14. Do you have ADD? No. It feels like it sometimes, though

15. What’s one trait that you dislike about yourself? I worry about things that are beyond my control way too much. I think I tend to be a little lazy also

16. Middle name(s)- Marie

17. Name a thought at this moment- I should be getting ready for bed.

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: I didn't buy anything yesterday, but over the weekend I bought a Christmas present for Rob's almost SIL, finally got my Christmas cards made and ordered, and wrapping paper to finish all the presents

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly have: coffee, diet coke w/lime, anything with vodka

20. Current worry right now? I just checked on my daughter to find her sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor. Why would she choose that over her big comfy bed? Should I move her to her bed? Is sleeping on the floor really a good idea?

21. Current dislike right now? The cough I'm hearing from Kaeli's room. While she sleeps on the floor.

22. Favorite place to be? On my couch watching movies

23. How did you bring in the New Year? At a party with Rob and his friends

24. Favorite vacation spot? Anywhere that has alcohol

25. Name three people who will complete this? I'm not sure. Tab already did it. Maybe Cherish? Coming up with 3 people is hard.

26. Whose answers do you want to read the most? Honestly, everyone. I love when people fill these things out.

27. What color shirt are you wearing? It's blue with ruffles. It's one of my favorites.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I'm not sure that I ever have. I'm totally cool with cotton.

29. Can you whistle? No. I've tried and tried, but the ability to whistle eludes me.

30. Favorite color? Purple Purple Purple

31. Would you be a pirate? I don't think I could pull off the look. Eye patches and peg legs aren't really my thing.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don't sing in the shower. It would be cruel and unusual punishment for anyone in the vicinity.

33. Favorite girl’s name? Kaeli, of course. I love baby names (I'm totally addicted to Swistle's Baby Names). My favorite changes, but I'm really loving Sophie and Harper right now.

34. Favorite boy’s name? Sawyer, Holden, and Brody

35. What’s in your pocket right now? My cell phone

36. Last person that made you laugh? Kaeli

37. Best bed sheets as a child? I had NKOTB sheets and comforter when I was 9. I loved those so so much.

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? You know that fleshy part of your hand between your thumb and your index finger? I cut it open on a margarita glass when I was bartending one Valentine's Day. I had to get 10 stitches. Not Fun.

39. Do you love where you live? I really really don't.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3! 3 tvs, and there are only 2 people in my house. How crazy is that?

41. Who would you like to meet? Tough one. I think I'd like to meet the cast of The View. I don't know why, but I wish I was on that show!! And Perez Hilton because he seems like a fun dude to hang out with. And Edward Cullen.

42. How many dogs do you have? One very badly behaved dog.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? Hopefully, it is more of a complete adoration of all things Kristi

45. What is your favorite fictional book? This is even harder than the movie question. I read so many that it's hard to choose a favorite. I'm more into authors I think. I tend to be very loyal when I find one that I like. I'm still totally obsessed with Twilight. Also, anything by Cecelia Ahern. If you haven't read her, I suggest you do it right now. I've been considering a whole post about her greatness in one of my Book Nerd Editions!! I love The Wheel of Time and The Sword of Truth Series. Confessions of a Shopaholic Series. I could go on and on.

46. What is your favorite candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut Butter M&Ms. I like peanut butter.

47. What is your favorite sports team? Football makes me happy! (I'm in the semifinal playoff game for my work fantasy league!!) Go Houston Texans!! I've always loved the Kansas City Chiefs, but they are super sucking lately. I like the Manning brothers so I root for the Colts and the Giants too. With every fiber of my being, I hate the Oakland Raiders.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I've never really thought about that before. How depressing. My family would probably pick something sweet and nice, but I say that they should go a little crazy and do a New Kids on the Block/N*Sync/Britney Spears medley. That would be awesome.

49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Sleeping. Staying up past 11pm is impossible in my rapidly increasing age.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? Bed comfortable. Mondays Suck. Don't want to get up. How late would I be if I push the snooze one more time?

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Oh wow, so many things to comment on, i'll never remember it all!

1. Aww, you mentioned me! I stopped reading for a minute to smile at that one.

2. My middle name is Marie! I think that half of the girls born in the 80s have that middle name.

3. I loves swistles baby names too! I have very different tastes than a lot of people so I like voting for the underdogs on her site.

4. My two oldest boys have been sleeping on the floor of their room for the last couple of nights. They sleep on some sort of fake matress at their dad's and then came home wanting to sleep on the floor. Im just letting it play out.

5. I wanna be your BFF! Forget Paris, lets have a show where Kristi picks a new BFF!

Astarte said...

Hey - Frosty the Snowman was playing on the radio while I was reading this!

I want to meet Edward Cullen, but only if he doesn't have that whiny girl with him, and only if he looks like what I imagined he did and not like Cedric Diggory with a pompadour.