Monday, March 23, 2009

A Not Awesome Discovery

There is a serious issue that I forgot to add to the very exciting bullet post about my weekend. It's probably better this way because the shock of what happened to me deserves it's own post.

Ok. Here it goes. Deep breath.

While flat ironing my hair on Friday, I found 3 hairs that were not the same color as the rest of my hair.

They were grey.

I immediately ripped those suckers out. If it really is true that 2 more will grow in each not brunette hair's place, then I guess I'll be pulling 6 out next week.

When Rob got home from work, I told him about my horrible discovery. His response, you ask?
"I noticed them last week, but I didn't want to tell you about it."

Not cool.

I had to insert a new relationship rule. If he notices anything that in any way shape or form could be considered as me looking like I am aging, he must immediately tell me so I can correct the situation.

Now every time I'm near a mirror I can't help but glance at my roots and inspect my hair for more not brunette strands.

I am so not ready for this stage of life.

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Whenever I point out Hubby's greys he insists that they're blonde. That'll be my excuse when I see my first!!

Love your blog!!

Deleted said...

You can't be getting them, you aren't old.

Chantal said...

I started going grey in my mid twenties. I am in my mid 30s now and I have lots. Sigh.

SLynnRo said...

My husband started getting them 'round the temples when he was in his mid-20s.

Katie said...

HA HA HA! I got a couple after Becca was born. But lately? HOLY SHIT they are cropping up left and right. And I keep yanking them out too. And now every time I look I find a new one. Oh well, at least it is something that is (relatively) easy to cover. But still. I don't know when you know it is time to stop yanking and start coloring. I might just wait for a bald spot to appear....

DE-pressing.

Whimsy said...

Oh no!!!!