Wednesday, March 18, 2009

As Seen on TV

Kaeli has suddenly become addicted to Jon & Kate Plus 8. I had it on over the weekend, and, now, she's constantly asking to change the channel to TLC.

On Sunday, they had a Jon & Kate marathon in which each kid got a "Special Day". The kid got to choose something to do alone with their parents. It was actually kind of nice to see how the kids act by themselves. They all seemed to really enjoy the activities and extra attention.

Kaeli was watching it again last night, and she started talking about Cara and Mady. I think they're her favorites because they are close to her age.

Kaeli: Mommy, can I have a Special Day and go get my ears pierced like Mady?
Me: Um. You already have your ears pierced. (yes, i'm one of those parents that pierced my daughter's ears when she was a baby. Judge all you want. It looked so cute, and I was really sick of people asking if she was a boy or girl. Even with her dressed in all pink people would ask, so I don't know why i thought earrings would help. )
Kaeli: No I don't.
Me: Yes you do. I was there.
Kaeli: No, I really don't have my ears pierced.
Me: You wear earrings! How do you think the holes got there?
Kaeli: Oh.

I can't make up conversations this good if I tried. It cracks me up that she was so insistent that I was wrong!

On the plus side, she now has a renewed interest in the jewelry box full of earring sitting on her dresser.

And I will leave y'all with a picture taken over the weekend that showcases her ability to accessorize.

She was just playing in her room like this. Sunglasses and all (they have glittery peace signs on the sides. So Cute! I heart Justice/Limited Too/Whatever it's called.) Oh, and the shoes on the bed drive me crazy, but they were brand new and I couldn't resist the picture!

I prefer Spring Shopping so much more than Spring Cleaning!!

5 comments:

Deleted said...

She is one sweet little lady, I also at one point was addicted to Jon and Kate. I got over that once I noticed how mean Kate was :) lol

Kylie said...

Very cute! My neice just turned 5 and we had a Hannah Montana party for her. She is overly obsessed!!

Cherish said...

I am so jealous...boys just arent as much fun!

Grace said...

toooooo cute...

oh btw when I have babies I'm also piercing early =)

lol

TUWABVB said...

All I could think of when I read this was, "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."