Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Toothless Wonder


Kaeli lost her very first tooth Monday night!

(I feel kind of guilty because I missed the actual falling out of the tooth because I was at the Britney Spears concert. Pictures to come!)

This tooth has been loose for WEEKS. I seriously didn't know a loose tooth could last that long. It gave me way too much time to stress over the going rate for the Tooth Fairy. In the end, I decided that $5 was perfect for a first tooth. She told me she's going to save it for her next American Girl trip. I didn't have the heart to tell her that she's going to have to lose a lot more teeth to buy anything at AG!

It's so weird looking at her now. She suddenly looks so much older to me!

Now, I have a pressing question. What the hell do I do with her tooth? I know my mom kept mine and my sister's baby teeth, but I get this serious feeling of ICK when I think of keeping random teeth tucked away in my jewelry box. At the same time, I can't just throw it away. It's the 2nd tooth that was ever in her little baby mouth. It's like sentimental and stuff. So, Internets, what should I do with it. What did y'all do, or plan to do, with your babies loose teeth? Inquiring minds need to know!

5 comments:

Chantal said...

At the moment I keep D's teeth in an envelope in my dresser. Some day I will figure out what to do. But I seriously wonder if he will ever actually want them... Oh well, if he wants to throw them out he can do it. I won't.

BTW my boy finally learned how to tie his own shoes. With spring in the air, and only one pair of runner that fit, that just happen to be lace up... He had no choice. It is awesome, he is so proud!

Astarte said...

We kept Josie's teeth in a little box, but oddly enough, several of them broke after awhile or just kind of disintegrated altogether. It's not that creepy. Wash it off, and they're kind of cute, really.

Cherish said...

I have a little tooth shaped box that I keep Rayden's in. I only kept his first 3-4 though because I didnt really see the point in keeping all of them.

Deleted said...

I would say buy a little container you can get to hold the little teeth. That way they won't break, and you don't have to see it once you put it in there. I have one and once Violet loses her first tooth I'll put it in and place the whole thing in her baby box. :)

Ps. $5, Wow!
PPs. Don't be offended I just remember how much I used to get =/ My niece got $20 for each tooth she lost so far =/

TUWABVB said...

WOW - she looks adorable!

I find the whole idea of keeping teeth kind of gross, but then again, I'm not a mom...so I'm sure there's something I'm missing. I'm sure my mom has mine buried somewhere! I would say keep at least one - and her first would probably be the most meaningful. She just looks so cute!