Friday, July 25, 2008

Soundtrack of my Summer

So, last night I went to the Soundtrack of my Summer concert. First up was The Maine. I had never heard of them before, but they were pretty good. The lead singer was hilarious, and they put on a good show.

Next was Metro Station. I love their song "Shake It". Did y'all know that the guy who does vocals and guitar is Trace Cyrus. Son to one Billy Ray Cyrus. Brother to Miley Cyrus. I don't really see the family resemblance!!




Then, Good Charlotte performed. Totally took me back to 2002. They were actually really great live. I won't lie though. I wondered if Paris Hilton was backstage the entire time.

Last, was Boys like Girls. I'll admit it. I love them. Like really love them. A lot.

I wanted to go because tickets were cheap, and it seemed like fun. I had to beg Rob to go with me. Beg and plead and make deals. He really didn't want to go. He went so far as to take shots at the restaurant next to where we were waiting in line just to make it bearable. As far as taste in music, we could not be more opposite.

I have to tell y'all that I have never seen so many psuedo-emo 15 year old girls in my life. It was kind of cute because they were all young and excited. It was also kind of annoying because of the high pitched scream that only a teenage girl possesses. I really thought I was holding onto my youth quite well, but the fact that Rob and I spent the breaks in between bands having interesting conversations about the good old days of rock concerts with the parents of the teens definitely showed me otherwise.

Now going to a concert full of teens is not all that bad. There are two reasons why it kind of rocks. First, there is no line to the bathroom. Of course it is full of teen girls hogging mirrors to brush their hair or add another coat of blush to their faces, but none of them have drank copious amounts of beer so none of them have to actually use the restroom, leaving it clear for those of us of legal drinking age. Which brings me to the greatest reason of all to go to concerts full of teenagers. NO LINE FOR THE BAR!!! Absolutely no waiting for alcohol. Just walk up, pick your poison, and go back to your spot. It leads to consuming way more than planned, but pick a DD and rock out with the teenagers!!!!



No comments: